Monday, March 19, 2018

Week 59. La Pastora, Mexico.

Week 59: Contacts in Country

This week was great. Elder Bautista and I had the opportunity to give a training in our zone conference this past week. We talked about how we can teach with more clarity and power here in the mission. We talked a lot about how we can use the Book of Mormon in the lessons with our investigators. I have came to learn that the Book of Mormon really does teach many deep doctrines in a very simple way. One of our investigators Jazmin has started to read the Book of Mormon and it has been interesting to see how she has been relating her life to the stories of Nephi and his family. The Book of Mormon really does have the power to answer the questions of the soul. What an amazing book!
This past Saturday we had exchanges, I stayed here in our area with Elder Lawerence. Elder Lawerence is newer in the mission so I used all of his energy to our advantage. We went up into Country (the rich part of our area) and just started to contact. I am pretty sure that we contacted for about 8 hours. Usually that is a whole lot of time to contact but the people in Country were receiving us very well. I was like "We totally have to take advantage of this". We felt hyped up and excited to see that the people weren't shutting the door in our face haha. We actually felt really good leaving that area until we were leaving Country. I felt an impression that we didn't finish our work over in that area. It was weird because I was thinking like "Seriously_ this is the most success I have had in this area my whole time here." However once again I felt the impression to go back and do some more contacts. The first 3 doors we knocked, we got rejected. I started to think if it was just a misunderstanding of my personal thoughts. However we continued contacting and came up to knock the last house of the street. A woman of 25 years came out and she couldn't speak very well. She explained to us that her throat had recently been operated on. However, she invited us in and later her other sister and mother came out to listen to us. They explained to us that one of their sisters is a member of the church , what a great start! We shared a quick message about the family and how God desires for us to be together as a family forever. I really did learn a message from this experience. Firstly, at times we have doubts about our impressions of the Holy Ghost. Like "Oh maybe its just my personal thoughts..." Nevertheless, I learned that if the action is leading to something good, JUST DO IT! I also learned that at times we follow the impression but sometimes we have to be patient and diligent to complete the impression that we have received from the Holy Ghost. Next Sunday we have transfers, I really am going to miss Elder Bautista if we have changes. I have finally came to love this area, even at times if the people here are very difficult! I hope the sun is out and blazing for you all in Boise like it is for me in Monterrey! Take care.

Love, Elder Gibson



No comments:

Post a Comment