Friday, April 13, 2018

Week 62. La Pastora, Mexico.

Week 62: Great week!

What an awesome week! Elder Hernandez and I were able to find alot of great people this past week. We really were praying a lot to find more people and God provided the means to find them. We normally find 3 to 4 new investigators each week but we were blessed to find 11 this past week. We were guided by the Holy Ghost to find these people who need the gospel in their lives. The faith and spirit we received from General conference and attending the temple last week really helped us find these prepared people.

One thing that I have came to learn in the mission is to follow the Holy Ghost and teach in the moment. Last week I had a great experience with these two principles with Elder Fernandez! Well firstly, one of my old companions Elder Fernandez is now in my zone so we were able to have exchanges... it was just like old times haha. Anyways back to the experience... We were knocking on doors trying to find some people to teach until a woman passed by looking at us for a very long time, it was quite strange. About 15 seconds after she walked by I felt inspired that we should have talked with her. I than told Elder Fernandez that we had to go talk and present ourselves with her. We started to follow her and I said to Elder Fernandez that if she turns around I was going to wave her down. 5 seconds later she turned around and of course I waved her down haha. We walked a very awkward 15 seconds until a came within reach to talk with her. We presented ourselves with her and she really wasnt too interested in our message...LAME! However right after we knocked on the nearest house and a man with 6 children came outside. He expressed to us that his new wife and 2 of her kids are members of the church. He also told us that he was interested in our message and that we could pass by the next day to share a message with all of his family. We passed by with the family the next day and had a lesson with all 8 of them! What a great expereince to teach a whole family about the gospel. It was interesting to see how the Lord guided us through a failed street contact to find these wonderful people. Its just like Nephi when he said, "I was lead by the spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."

Also Arturo has plans to get baptized this week and Jazmin is progressing! The life is great with Elder Hernandez, we got the zone conference this week. Life is great, I hope everything is going great for you all. Take care!

Love, Elder Gibson




No comments:

Post a Comment