Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 71. Week 72. La Pastora, Mexico.

Week 71: Baptism of the Martinez Garcia Family.

This past week was one of the greatest weeks that I have had in the mission. I feel like I have been saying that alot lately, but this work just keeps getting so much better! We had the privilege and oppurtunity to witness and participate in the baptism of the Martinez Garcia family. I was able to baptize Juvencio. This family really is special. They have great desires to keep progressing in the gospel. Juvencio really has a great ability of making freinds and to being able to talk in front of alot of people. I am sure that in the years to come he is going to be a great lider of the church. The first contact with them was surely inspired by God. About 3 months ago we were walking back home late night after a full day of work. I honestly was super tired and just ready to get to bed. However, when we passed by their house I felt a strong impression to knock on their door. Walking up to the door, my companion told me that the night before he had a dream about this exact house. I just was thinking he talking nonsense haha. Anyways, we knocked on the door and Guadalupe came out and we introduced ourselves as missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We went on to share a small message with her in her porch. We than asked her if we could end by singing a hymn for her. We sang ¨How Great Thou Art¨and we could see tears come to her eyes. She than commented to us that her and her husband have been praying for something new in life. That they were looking for something to help them have more family unity. We than returned a few days later and met Juvencio and Joselyn. Every since than they have been progressing! They got a big picture of the Monterrey temple framed in their living room. Also they have found the Book of Mormon to be a huge influence in thier lives. I would love nothing more than in a year come back to take part in their sealing session in the holy temple.
Also yesterday Juvencio, Arturo, and Erik recieved the preistood. Jazmins mom has been coming to church and told us that little by little she is recieving answers about the church. Also Arturos sister is now coming to church! She is great and has a lot of pontential to progress in the gospel just like Arturo. Elder Hernandez and I are super happy and thankful for all the work that God has given us here in this area. Its a wonderful feeling to know that you have been used as an instrument in Gods hands to bring forth much rightousness. I thank God every day for the people he has put in my path here in the mission. Next week we have transfers so I guess we will see whats going to happen! Have a great week!

Pictures of the baptism, Carne asada with a investigator family, cleaning out the baptismal font, and lidership counsel in the mission!

Love, Elder Gibson


Week 72: Big Changes!

I got to start off by saying that we had transfers yesterday! Well sort of... I am going to be staying with Elder Hernandez but we are going to be moving to a different area. We are going to go to an area called Stancia, it is in San Nicolas. It will be great because I will get to know a different part of Monterrey. I have been in Villa Jaurez, Apodaca, Guadalupe, and now San Nicolas. Elder Hernandez and I will continue being zone leaders for the Moderna Zone. With these changes, I will be switching missions from the Monterrey East mission to the Monterrey West mission starting July 1st. I am super excited to get to know a different mission, we sure do have some crazy changes coming up! With this, I am sad to say goodbye to this wonderful area La Pastora. I have been here since the 1st of Januaray. Here I have spiritually grown alot and have gained experiences I will surely never forget. I have met people who have changed my life forever. I give thanks to my father in heaven because he has blessed me with the ability to see lives of people absolutly change, to see a complete family come to the truth of the gospel, and to see many miracles happen here in this area.

The best part about these transfers is that President Maucotel gave Elder Hernandez and I permission to come back to complete 2 baptisms we have in the making. One is Gabriel, the last family member of the Martinez Garcia family. He has a baptism date for the 29th of July. Juvencio who got baptized recently will be able to baptize his 20 year old son Gabriel, it will be a special and sacred experience. Also Jazmins mother has been progressing. She hasnt missed a single Sunday at church ever since the first time she went for Jazmins baptism. We also have been working alot with her smoking addiction. She has been progressing alot and we are so proud of her and her desire! I know that she knows that the church is true, its just a matter of time that she comes to actually acting on this feeling. Anyways also Mexico beat the defending world cup champs Germany so it was a good week! Hope you all have a great week!

Love, Elder Gibson

Pictures with Elder Radford, Jazmins mom, and Fernando!

No comments:

Post a Comment