Monday, December 17, 2018

Week 98. Valle Verde, Mexico.

Week 98: Mission Completed

Well, this will be my last email that I send out before I come home. I would like to start out by saying that I will be coming home Thursday the 27th at 1:00pm. I will be reporting on the 30th at 9:00am at the church building located on Ustick and Cloverdale. I would love to see you all there.
This past week Elder Valencia and I were able to go to the temple with 2 recent converts. One of the recent converts name is Guadalupe, she is a widow who is 70 years old. She did the family history work for her parents, husband, and daughter who have passed away and got the cards ready for the temple. At the temple Elder Valencia I were able to do the work for her father and husband. As we came out of the water we saw that her eyes were filled with tears. I went over to her and she told us with a calming voice, "They are now free." She said that she felt the presence of her loved ones in a way that she could not explain. I testify of the power of the temple. I testify of the Spirit World, and of those who are eagerly waiting to receive all of the saving ordinances.
This past week Ruiz and Caudia were able to get married! What an amazing experience. It truly was a miracle. In 2 weeks we got everything ready for them to get married. The judge came on Saturday afternoon and they even had a little reception with their family and friends. Ruiz has been progressing a lot! The best part is that he is now living the Law of Chastity and he and his wife couldn't seem happier. We are planning his baptism for the 26th, the night before I come home. I testify that God is a God of miracles. If we act righteously with all diligence God always provides us with his divine help to make miracles happen. I have been a witness of many miracles in the mission. God truly does want to bless us.
I testify that this work is of God. I know that God is our living father heaven. I know that Jesus Christ is his only begotten and beloved son, he is the redeemer of us all. I know that no injustice in immortality is permanent thanks to the heroic atonement preformed by the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that true and permanent change comes through his atonement. When we are tested in this mortal state, the only way we can find true protection from the adversary is drawing ourselves nearer to the Savior. He is our perfect example. He is the light and the life of the world. I am thankful for each memory that I have been able to obtain here in the mission. Enjoy the Christmas Spirit and I will see all of you very soon!

Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment