Friday, October 20, 2017

Week 37: Miguel Aleman, Mexico.

Week 37:

This week I have seen a few miracles happen... The first of which is that its finally gotten a little bit colder around here. It has been super weird, my body has gotten accustomed to the heat here so when it dropped to like 70 degrees, I was freezing cold.  It was super weird to see my companion Elder De la Rosa end his 2 year mission and prepare to return home to his family. However, it was time and my new companion is Elder Polanco. He is from Mérida, Yucatan. For those who don't know Mexico very well, it is right next to Cancun. He has 15 months in the mission. It was been super cool to work with him this week, we were able to find alot of success!
Another little miracle we saw this week was the following: We have an investigator named Patricia and she has been listening to the missionaries since August of 2013. Never once has she excepted a baptism date for some personal doubts that she has. However Elder Polanco and I decided that we were going to invite her to be baptized knowing that she was most likely going to reject us. We had a super good lesson and at the end we gave her the invite and to our surprise she excepted the date. We obviously were shocked and we asked why she hadn't ever expected a date until now. She responded with a unique answer, she said "I never have felt the necessity to say yes until now". This has showed me that God has his time for all things. He has a perfect time for everything in this life. If we have confidence in this, EVERYTHING will eventually turn out to be alright! Hope all is well, take care everyone!

Pictures during transfers with Elder Ortiz! I also had to buy a new sweater today haha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment