Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Week 38, Week 39. Miguel Aleman, Mexico.

Week 38 ¿Que onda?
 



This week has been great and honestly gone by super fast. To start off, we have an investigator named Soltan. Yes I know his name doesn't sound like he is from Mexico, it's because he isn't. He is from Hungary, lived in Toronto for 8 years and now here in Mexico. He speaks fluently in Hungarian and English. However, his Spanish is pretty awful. We found him knocking on doors and he opened up and he couldn't speak or understand us very well. At this point I told him like "dude I speak in English" when he heard this he was super excited and we started talking in English. It was all good until I came to the point where I realized that my English was actually really bad. I would try to talk in English and words would come out in Spanish. I guess that's what happens when all my companions have been Mexicans and never speak English. He has been reading the Book of Mormon but in Hungarian. We are super excited for him!
Also, yesterday we were walking by a sports facility and I saw that they were playing football with helmets, pads, and everything. I was really excited because this was the first time I have seen football in person here in Mexico. We got a little bit closer to check it out and I came to realize that it was girls playing. I kid you not that it was an all girls team playing tackle football. I was so confused and it was very difficult for me to watch. My companion told me that it is is very common here, Who knew!
I hope you are all doing the things necessary to strengthen your relationship with our Heavenly Father. Nothing in this life is more important than to show your faith to him through our actions! Always have the faith to persevere through hard times. Good days are always in the future to come.

Love, Elder Gibson
The picture isn't my companion, it's a member who always goes out with us to teach the people! Él es un buen amigo.




Week 39: 9 months!

Hello! This week went by super fast and honestly its hard for me to remember what I have done this past week, but Ill try my best. Well Tuesday we had transfers for the day. Tuesday I was with our zone leader Elder Campbell from Pullman, Washington. It was super cool because Elder Rincon was his trainer in the mission too! Oh and also it was nice to talk and refreshen up on my english. 😂 In fact, we had a lesson with our investigator Soltan in english. I thought I would never say this but Elder Campbell and I were struggling to teach in english. However, Soltan really liked what he heard and he decided to come to church for the first time on yesterday! I am super excited for him! Friday we had other transfers with Elder Maxwell. Elder Maxwell is in my district and only has 3 weeks in the mission. It was very funny to watch him struggle to speak with the people because it reminded me of myself when I arrived here in the mission! Saturday we had a few lessons with members and it was awesome! The members invited our investigators to church and they excepted! It really was a huge help to get our investigators to church yesterday thanks to the members. Sunday my companion was assigned to give a talk during church but I wasnt. However, with my luck my companion and the other speaker didnt take too long so the bishop called me up to fill the missing time.😑 However everything worked out! I also completed 9 months which is super crazy! Sadly, time is going by super fast because the mission is awesome. All of the people, memories, and experiences are something that Ill never be able to forget. Take care everyone! Also, goodluck to MV football!!! And Damen, ball out in basketball! 
 Love, Elder Gibson 


Pictures of my older companion Elder Gamboa, he came by to visit me this past week! With Elder Maxwell and some mexican tacos. And with Elder Campbell!




No comments:

Post a Comment