Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Week 43. Week 44. Week 45. Miguel Aleman, Mexico.

How did I ever get three weeks behind! Sorry little brother.... here are his last three emails.

Week 43: Not so thanksgiving weekend.

To start off, yes the caption is for real. This week I really missed a nice thanksgiving feast and most importantly some football. Oh also it's still hot outside at the end of November. However, I heard that my Redskins won so that's the good news. 
Honestly, this week was awesome! My companion and I were praying all last week that we could find a new investigator that has been waiting to hear the gospel. This past Tuesday we had planned out to have one last lesson with a sister who just really hasn't been progressing. When we entered we saw that there was a young man sitting in back part of the house. We invited this young man, that we later came to know that his name Israel and is the grandson of the sister to join in on the lesson. We taught a little bit and he was so excited and wanted to learn more! We had the chance to put a baptism date with him for the 17th of December. I think it would be a pretty good birthday present. Also, he came with us to church on Sunday and he told us that he could barely sleep the night before because he was so excited to go to church. The best part of it all is that now his grandmother is progressing too! I know that God really does answer our prayers.
I am super excited for this time of year. This time of year we have the chance to celebrate the birth of the Light of the World, Jesus Christ. The church has made a video and a program called #LightTheWorld. I hope all of you can check out the videos and the ways that we can #LightTheWorld or #IluminaElMundo. Ill drop the link here: 

Love, Elder Gibson
 
Week 44: Futbol Madness

This week has been interesting. First of all we started December and its still like 85 degrees. Its hard to be in the Christmas spirit when i walk outside for only 5 minutes and start to sweat . Also something crazy happened this week! The soccer league here in Mexico is like the NBA or NFL in the United States. There are two teams here in Monterrey, Monterrey Rayados and UANL Tigres. They both were in the semi-finals this past week to make it into the championship. Both teams ended up winning, but the crazy part is that this has never happened. I know its hard for you guys to find out why this is crazy and all but let me explain a little bit more haha. The two teams hate each other, always have.  With all this being said, they are going to shut down a lot of the stores for the games. The people here are already going crazy! In fact mostly everyone has already been going to buy the meat and food they are going to eat during the games because they predict that all the stores are going to run out for all the parties that are going to take place! All of this is going to be kind of hard for us because I am almost sure no one is going to be willing to hear the gospel during these 2 days. However, we will see how things go.
This week was a little bit rough. A lot of our investigators we weren't able to get into contact this past week due to their work situations. The effect of this is that they weren't able to make it out to church. However, this week is a new week that we have to really focus in on them. We had the opportunity to watch the devotional last night and it was awesome! I am so energetic for this time of year. I hope that we are all doing our part this Christmas season by serving those in need. WE can find great happiness in our willingness to serve. Always keep in mind that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God. Take care and enjoy this wonderful time of year!

I am going to attach some pictures of my zone! 

Love, Elder Gibson
 
 
Week 45: The Christmas Spirit

Well this week we got hit with a cold front. We even woke up one day with a little bit of snow. This was crazy because it hasn't snowed here in a very long time! When I figured out I was going to Mexico, I never thought I would have to deal with the cold weather... In my past email I commented about the big soccer game here in Mexico. It was last night and we had to be in our house at 7 because after the game the people went crazy! Los Tigres won so all of the people who like Los Rayados stayed at home this morning and didn't go to work because they were still super sad. 
Right now we have quite a few of people who we are teaching. We have 2 teenagers ready and are waiting to be baptized. We are just waiting for the permission from their parents.  Soltan, who we teach in English is really progressing!  We are super happy with all of the wonderful people we are able to teach!  What a blessing it is to bring the gospel into the lives of these people.
This next week my district and I have some great activities planned out. We are going to set up in 2 huge street markets, we will sing, hand out hot chocolate (if its cold...), and teach a little bit about the birth of Jesus Christ. With the help of some members we have printed out huge banners to attract the people to hear about the great message of Jesus! I know that I sing super ugly but its okay right? 
I hope you all have a great Christmas Season and never lose track of the real meaning of it. Take care everyone!
Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment