Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 42: Miguel Aleman, Mexico.

Week 42: Good Week

This week we had transfers but I didn't have any which was a huge relief. I am going to stay here with Elder Polanco. I am super excited that I didn't get changed! I finally know most of the members in the ward here so we plan on working with them a lot this holiday season. Speaking of holidays, this week might be a little bit sad. It will be sad because Thanksgiving does not exist here... BOO!  Oh well, one of our investigators invited us over Thanksgiving night for Turkey, so I guess that will have to do!
Saturday, I had the opportunity to baptize José Luis! He was an investigator of the sister missionaries in my district! I had his baptism interview on Tuesday and after he asked me if I would do the baptism ordinance. The baptism service was great, other than one thing... The water heater to the church building didn't have any gas. With that being said, we had to fill the baptismal font with freezing cold water! As José and I entered we realized how cold the water actually was.  However, we completed the ordinance and it was such a great experience! José didn't complain or say one word about the temperature of the water. Really the only thing he said after was how pure and clean he felt. Also congrats to my nephew Burke that he too got baptized this past Saturday! 
I hope that we can all take advantage of the holiday season. That we can give service to those in need. Or more than anything spend time with friends and family. Take care.

Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment