Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Week 54. La Pastora, Mexico.

Week 54: Transfers!

This past week has been great! We had transfers in the mission yesterday but Elder Bautista and I didnt have transfers. We are super excited to be able to stay together another transfer! We are hoping to work hard this next transfer. Elder Bautista and I have been finding alot more people to teach and alot more people who are willing to progress.
Today we had the oppurtunity to go and visit the soccer stadium here in Monterrey. The stadium is actually here in our area, its huge! I think that it holds around 70,000 people. Mondays are the best to get out and explore this huge city. México is really starting to grow on me!
This past week, I have experienced with the power of the Book or Mormon. We have had a family that hasnt been progressing very much, just listening to us for respect. We decided that we had to do something different, we ended up with the solution to read a chapter from the Book of Mormon with them. We read Alma chapter 36. As we came to read the verse that says, " And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." After we read this verse in this great chapter we could see that they understood what they needed to do. Just put thier trust in God and he will do the rest. I promise that if we are willing to do all we can and be subject to the will of God, he will provide us with the paths that he wants for us. I am thankful for this time to be here in the mission to learn alot of important things about life and more than anything to share the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Take care everyone!

Love, Elder Gibson


No comments:

Post a Comment