Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Week One. MTC - CCM.

Week One:

Well i survived my first week in Mexico City. Getting off the plane, I felt like I was on a different planet! Driving from the airport to the CCM took about 45 minutes and i couldnt believe how bad they are at driving here. They must have a 6th sense for driving, it is organized choas.  The weather here is perfect, however the polution is kinda bad. Also it was independence day here last week so the Natives were all shooting fireworks off all day and night around us!

My companion is from Ceder City, Utah. His name is Elder Neilson (The Elder in he blue holding the ping pong paddle in the picture). I have became really good friends with two Elders, Elder Tuiloua and Elder Cluff. Elder Tuiloua is from Laie, Oahu. In fact he lived right down the street from me when I lived in Hawaii and we didnt even know it. He played quarterback for Kahuku highschool and is a super cool guy. Elder Cluff is from Draper, Utah and he played basketball and ran track! Those are my boys! I have also made friends with alot of the native Latinos! It is hard to communicate with them but each day i get better and better at spanish. The Gift of Tongues is real!
i cant believe i have already been here a week, it has gone by really fast! i wake up around 6 and  get ready for the day than me and my companion go get breakfast. Than we learn spanish for about 4 hours until lunch. It is interesting because our instuctors teach spanish in spanish instead of in english. Than we learn more about the gospel until dinner and than we go and hangout in our casa.

I am doing really good and hope all of you are as well! Everything is so cheap here, at the tienda (store). You can get a bag of doritos and a gatorade for 10 pesos (50 cents). I am just thankful there is a gym and i can workout for an hour each day or else id come back a few pounds heavier.
I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord and the people in Mexico! I hope all is well!
HABLARÁ CON USTED LUEGO! i think thats right, my spanish isnt too good yet! 

-Elder Gibson
  

No comments:

Post a Comment