Saturday, February 25, 2017

Week Three. CCM.

Week three: Another week in Paradise

The weather here is still amazing! I am starting to develop a mean farmers tan. I think its going to be impossible for me to even it out when I get back home. This week has went by fast and President Nelson came and spoke to us Tuesday night! One of the coolest experiences of my life! We all got to go up and shake his hand which was quite the opportunity. We also went to the temple in Mexico City and it was super nice and beautiful! It sticks out like a sore thumb in the city though.
Next week is going to be difficult because all of my Latino friends leave Monday morning and I am pretty bummed out about it. I have built good friendships with them.  Everyday we play soccer or sand volleyball which i have enjoyed a lot! There are super cool guys even though I can only understand them 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time we play pictionary trying to guess what they are trying to say. However, hanging out with them has helped my Spanish improve a lot, and I don´t know what Im going to do when they are gone.
I hope you all are doing great. I am loving life here learning more about the gospel and our savior Jesus Christ. I am praying for you all! I want to leave a Scripture I love in the New Testament. It is Matthew 19:29 
"And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, 
or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, 
and shall inherit everlasting life."
I love that because when the times are hard out here, I can read that and realize all the blessings that are promised through this work. I Love you all!

Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment