Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 19: Juarez, Mexico

Week 19: Mi Amigos

This week was the first week with my new companion. His name is Elder Fernandez. He is a little bit shy but super cool. I have had to talk a lot more recently which has been a struggle but also nice.
In the picture of the river, you can see some houses or shacks whatever you want to call them. This past week we went and did some contacting in that area and talked to some great people! However when I asked for their address to return they just gave me the address "3rd house under the bridge, or the green house along the river." We came up to the last house on this strip and 3 huge pit bulls came so my companion and I took off running as fast as we could! Our adrenaline kicked in and we were movin haha!! Hope all is well this week! Cuidese mucho.

-Elder Gibson
 FAM!
Whats up my people!!!! How is everything? I am doing great. My Spanish has been progressing super fast because my new companion is super shy!!! Entonces I have to do like all the talking which kinda sucks but its helped me alot! My companion is Elder Fernandez from Mexico City like Elder Rincon. He has 6 months in the mission. He is super short and kinda lazy. Dont worry though I have been working him to death!!! hahaha I keep telling him that his body needs to get accustomed to working all day everyday!!! He told me that he and his old companion would take a nap after the food so he is super tired from working all day but it will be good for him and he will be able to see all the blessing that come from working hard. Anyways, We have 3 investigators in the door for baptism. Angel Gomez, Karla Luebanos, Andrea Mendoza, y Martin Barron. I am super excited for them and I think everything is going to work out great! The temperature is stinking hot. Oh also mom I got the packages, the food and the fanny packs! Thank you so much the fanny packs are literally awesome haha! Work so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment