Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week 20: Juarez, Mexico.

Week 20: ¿Que paso?

This week was awesome! We had the great opportunity to do alot of service. Doing service is the best! My companion and I found this super awesome family this week. They had been listening to the missionaries a while back and all of a sudden the missionaries had changes and never visited them again. However, we were contacting and found them and are teaching them again! It is crazy how God uses the unlikely (2 teenagers) to complete the impossible (help grown men and women come closer to their Savior, Jesus Christ).
This week there was also an old lady with 85 years and she was telling us about these tiny beetles that if you drink with water it gives you energy and prevents cancer. She was determined for us to try it, and I only did try it because I have a lot of trust in this old lady! So, she walks over to a cage with these live beetles that live inside. She takes about 20 and puts them in a cup with water and gives it to me and tells my to drink. I was a bit nervous because I looked inside they were just swimming in the water! However, I drank it and could feel every single of these insects in the back of my esophagus. Gross! But I will be honest, I had a weird amount of energy after! 
That's my crazy story for the week, we also have investigators that are in the door for baptism which is super exciting! Love you all and hope all is well!

-Elder Gibson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment