Monday, January 1, 2018

Week 48. Miguel Aleman, Mexico.

Week 48: New Year, going to a New Area

Well as you all know, it has been a while since the last time I have wrote. I have been super busy with activities and I wasnt able to write last week. However, my birthday was great. We passed by like 3 families and they gave us a bunch of food and cake! We have also been super busy with doing some activities in some flea markets here. It has been pretty cold so we had some activites where we gave out free hot chocolate and contacted the people in the market! We found alot of sucess through our efforts, what great memories!
This week we have transfers. I am getting moved to an area called La Pastora. It is right in the city of Monterrey. It should be a new experience. I have areas where the people are very poor and humble. This new area is more wealthy and I imagine they might be a little bit more prideful as well. I am going to be Zone Leader as well in the Zone ParaĆ­so. I am super excited for the new assignment and for the oppurtunity to serve!
I am so excited for this year 2018. A year of much success! Last night everyone was lighting off fireworks. I felt like World War 3 had taken place. haha. However, I really hope all of you the best of wishes in 2018. I hope that we can all get to know our Lord Jesus Christ a little bit more. Through this, we can find peace and happiness in our lives.
This past transfer we have been working alot with a less acitve family. This family hadnt been to church for some years now. We arrived about 8 weeks ago and ever since we have met this family, we have felt a grand desire to help them progress as a family. They finally have gotten back to church and yesterday the dad expressed to us how grateful he is to have the desire to be back in the church. These type of moments are very special. These type of things I will never forget and cherish this relationship with this family for the rest of my life. What great blessings from the Lord. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Gibson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment