Monday, October 8, 2018

Week 88. Las Puentes, Mexico.

Week 88: Las Puentes!

Well this past week has been very interesting and very busy! First of all I have been in a trio for this past week with Elder Santos and Elder Tidwell. Elder Tidwell will be training a new missionary but he has not arrived to Monterrey yet because he is waiting for his visa in Brazil. However, tomorrow Elder Tidwell will be receiving his new companion and wont be with us anymore. Elder Santos is from Veracruz and has around a year in the mission. He is a really good guy and I am super excited to get working here in this area with him.

This past week we had to go out to an area called Sabinas Hidalgo. It is a small village about 2 hours outside of Monterrey. There is a small branch out there and we had to go and help them out with a few things. It is in the middle of the mountains so it was a good trip out to finally get a breath of fresh air. 😂 It has been awesome to get to know a lot of people and a lot of different parts here in Nuevo León (the state that Monterrey is in).

Here in the area it looks like there is a lot of potential. This past week we were just contacting and trying to find some people to teach! I think for the first few weeks we are going to be focusing on finding new people to teach and to come with us to church. Of course I miss my past area and all of the wonderful people I met there but I am ready to get the work rolling here in Las Puentes. Also to end, I loved this past conference and all of the counsel and guidance we received. I love the missionary work and my time here in the mission. I am just going to keep giving it my all to find the people who need the gospel the most. Love you all and have a great week!

Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment