Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Week 90. Las Puentes, Mexico.

Week 90: Family Frenzy!

This past week was awesome, we were able to find a lot of great families to teach! This week Elder Santos and I really focused on finding new people to teach. We spent the whole week with the goal to find families to teach. Its a lot harder to contact a whole family than it is just one person! We prayed to God that he could put not just people in our path but entire families. Than we had to pray again to give us the courage to talk to them when they had been placed in our path.😂 It was amazing how we were blessed by giving these types of specific prayers. Here in the mission I have learned that if we want something from God we have to create a plan a present it unto him. Its just like the story of the Brother of Jared in the Book of Mormon. The Brother of Jared asked the Lord, " Behold, O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness?" And the Lord responded, "What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels?" The Lord basically said, "you really just think that I am going to just do everything so that you guys can cross the great waters with light?" Im sure the Brother of Jared felt a little bit discouraged however he than at this moment realized that he had to put in his part to receive the divine help from the Lord. With this knowledge, he climbs a mountain with "exceeding height" to obtain transparent stones. He than prays and asks the Lord again to help them obtain light however this time after him doing his part and acting with faith the Lord gives him a different answer than the first time. Not only did he receive the light that they needed, but he had an outstanding experience by seeing the Lord face to face. When we act by faith and do all that we can do, that is when God will be able to work miracles in our lives.

This past week I had exchanges with Elder Powers from Alaska. He is a super cool guy and I went over to his area. It is in a pueblito (ranch) named El Carmen. Its about an hour and half from Monterrey. His area is awesome though because out in the pueblito everyone is so humble and want to learn more about God. During our exchanges, we had some very spiritual lessons with some good folks. Something very special about the Mexican people is that they are blessed with the gift of visions and dreams. For example, Elder Powers and I were walking down the street and contacted a lady who was sitting in her front porch. We contacted her and said to her, "We don't know why God gave us the impression to talk to you but maybe you have an idea, what do you think the reason is?" She replied and said, "I was praying last night to God before I went to bed about how I can be a better mother and guide for my children." She than said, "As I fell asleep I slipped into a dream where I saw 2 men, one was wearing a blue tie and the other was wearing a black tie." She than explained, "I than saw my family and I dressed in white, but I am not really sure what the dream meant, maybe God sent y'all to me to explain this dream that I had." Man, Elder Powers and I were shocked. I think more than anything we were shocked that we picked out the right color of tie in the morning.😂 Amazingly , many times here in the mission my investigators have received answers from their dreams and or a vision. I have came to know that the gifts of the spirit are real and each and every one of us have them. We just have to pray and seek which ones we have to magnify them.

Also something else super awesome is that it has cooling off a lot here in Monterrey which came sometimes be a disadvantage for us. Let me explain... When the weather gets below 60 degrees here, everyone is freezing! At 50 degrees, everyone has their beanies and big ole coats on like they are in a big ole Idaho winter storm.😂 Sometimes they don't even open their door because they don't want to get cold... at 60 degrees!! Even worse sometimes the members don't even open the door open to us because they are too cold. But its okay I still love them all!! I am trying to take advantage of each moment that I have left here in the mission. I have been blessed to see the Lords hand in this great work, the Regathering of Isreal. I know that this is his work and glory to bring forth the immortality and eternal life of man. As Jesus once taught, "My Father worketh hitherto, and I work." We are all enlisted until the conflict is over. Love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment