Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 6. CCM. Week 7. Juarez, Mexico

Week 6: (his last week in the MTC, which we are assuming was wonderful).
Jared was busy traveling to Monterrey and then to his new area. He only had a few minutes to send out an email while at the mission home to let us know that he arrived. He left us wondering all week where he was!

Fam!
I made it to Monterrey! It is a lot warmer and more clean here. Big difference from Mexico City to here. Anyways I dont know who my companion is yet or what area I am serving in, I find out tomorrow. Mission President is super cool! I dont have much time and i cant upload pictures today, but know that I love you all! It kinda sucks right now because it feels like my first day at the MTC kind of overwhelming but im sure it will get better. I think i will be emailing Mondays now, I am keeping you in my prayers hopefully my first week in the camp goes well! Ill send alot of pictures next Monday!
Love, Elder Gibson

Week 7: Primera Semana en el Campo!

Well I made it to Monterrey safely last week without any complication. I got assigned to serve in an area called Juarez. Juarez is a very poor city outside of Monterrey. In fact, my apartment has no lights, power, drinking water, or hot water. Oh do I miss the USA ðŸ˜‚. I actually have to washing my clothes by hand.. I actually feel like Joseph Smith translating the Book of Mormon with the candlesticks all lit up! However, I really do enjoy my area thusfar . The members are super cool and make some bomb Mexican food. In church they asked me to give a 10 minute talk in sacrament in SPANISH! I was super nervous because i had no preparation, but it turned out to be alright. We ride the bus everywhere and I havent been able to sit down on the bus yet because there are always so many people on the bus, I can barely even breathe. It is so hot here, I am literally melting in the sun here. We are able to wear sombreros though so i have totally been wearing one, I look like some kind of country singer haha!  All the young kids here love to call me Canelo Alvarez, which is pretty funny.
My new companion is Elder Rincon, he is from Mexico City and is a pretty cool guy! He has helping me out alot with my Spanish. He is a convert to the church and has a cool story! I am super thankful for him! I still cant understand 100 percent Spanish yet because they use alot of slang here that isnt actually a real word! Very Difficult! However each day gets better.
I was going crazy without working out so I made my own weights... I had to improvise! I hope that you are all doing good! I am enjoying myself and love being in the service of God! I think I am having a baptism in 2 weeks which is going to be super cool, Im super excited for that! I already love the people here! I am sorry if i mispell things because they dont have spellcheak for english here, so i am struggling! Praying for you all!
Love, Elder Gibson

1 comment:

  1. OK, I looked up Canelo Alvarez, and Jared does kind of look like him!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete