Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week Eight. Juarez, Mexico.

Week Eight: IT'S HOT

I have to start out by saying that it is so hot here... EVERY SINGLE DAY. This week every day was in the 100s. I am seriously dying. However, Elder Rincon and I have had alot of success this week with finding 22 new investigators! I am starting to get into the rhythm of things around here.
However, we still dont have hot water or electricity it has been a good week! The members here are feeding me super well. However, they make me eat the peppers and chiles which I hate! Way to hot. Anyways, I went on exchanges this week with Elder Macias (From Mexico City) and he is a super funny guy! Learned alot from him and we had a good time!
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be serving the people here in Jaurez. They are very open about talking about anything! Many people with crazy and interesting life stories. At times it is super to understand some peoples spanish, but each day I learn a little more. I have had some cool experiences where I am able to speak good spanish without thinking about it, words just come to me and I know that that is only through the power of god! Lastly, I want to talk about the dogs.. There so many dogs here, and for some reason, they dont like white people. And come to think of it I am the only white person in this city!! These dogs are going to be the death of me!
Anyways, hope you all are doing good and have a great spring break!!! Praying for you all!
Love, Elder Gibson 

P.S. I really am sorry for the bad spelling
 

No comments:

Post a Comment