Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Week 10. Juarez, Mexico.

Week 10: Another Week!

 Hello! I am in a super good mood because it wasnt so hot this week and today we got AC in our house. I dont think I have ever been so excited in my life. Anyways, I had first baptism and that was a super cool experience (ill talk about it more later). In reality, it has been a super good week.
I have gained a good relationship with all the kids in my Villa (Villa is like a neighborhood in Mexico). I play soccer with them and teach them some English, the love it! They are always hooking me up with candy and Coke. I have been drinking Coca-Cola like water here on the mission for 2 reasons. 1. It is much more safe to drink than the water. 2. For some reason, the Coke here is 3x better than in the United States.
Today my companion and I ate with the Gomez family and I had an interesting experience. Hermana Gomez came out with our food and it was alot of food. However, I was super hungry so I ate all of that and I was unsure if I wanted seconds. But when she asked, I gave in. I said a little bit please because here in Mexico you have to eat all your food or it is super disrespectful. Of course, she came out with more food than the first time. I looked at my companion was gave him the look like NO PUEDO (I cant do it). Well, I had to force feed my self and I felt like I was going to explode. Of course, to my luck she had dessert. I force fed that down and I am not lying, it was the most food I have ever eaten in my life. Shortly after we left walking back to our house, I threw up everywhere!! Never again will I ask for seconds!!
On a better note, yesterday I had the opportunity to baptize Alexa Samantha Vasquez Montoya. It was a great experience and such a good feeling. She is 8 years old and lives with her mom (Lydia) and brother (Alex). They are a great family and Elder Rincon and I love visiting them. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be out here on a mission and serving the people! Time is going to fast! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment