Monday, April 3, 2017

Week Nine. Juarez, Mexico.

Week Nine: What a Great Week!

This week has been no different from the others, still blazing hot, still defending myself against the dogs, still trying to learn this Spanish language, but most importantly meeting GREAT PEOPLE! Every single person have their own story, problems, and compassion.  Even though at times I cant fully understand their words or stories, I am always able to understand the universal language of love.
I have came to understand that you do not need to fully understand an individuals words to feel their love and compassion. It is a special kind of connection that I cannot put into words.
I want to share a scripture in Matthew 5:14-15. Now really pay attention to the words. It says "Ye are the LIGHT of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house." We all contain the Light of Christ and we need to let it shine! The World is cruel and corrupt place, but I challenge all of us, including myself to love and serve everyone, and i mean EVERYONE. While Jesus lived on this Earth, he served everyone. He did not shy away from the sinners, he simply loved everyone. I promise as you start to put others before yourself, you will see that god will bless you and your own life will indeed improve. 
I love my mission and love the people here. I am having my first baptism this week which is super exciting! Anyways, always praying for you and hoping the best for you all. 
Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment