Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 12: Juarez, Mexico.

Week 12: Juarez!

What a week! We ended transfers yesterday and I am staying in the same area with Elder Rincon again. I am super excited to stay in this area. The people here are great. This past Saturday was a huge classic rivalry in soccer here. Tigres of Guadalupe vs. Rayalos of Monterrey. The people were going crazy on Saturday, no joke like the super bowl in the United States. Parades all throughout the day and everyone grilling up Carne Asada. Some of the members invited my companion and I over for Carne Asada and its the best food I have ever had! Anyways, Rayalos of Monterrey won and most of Jaurez (my area) likes Tigres so its been a hard couple days for them. haha. Also, my companion was constantly telling me that Americans are babies when it comes to spicy foods (which he is right). However, he said that he would respect me if I ate a full Habanero chile. Of course I accepted his challenge and it was a very bad decision. Shortly after eating one I found myself running around my house, sweating, crying, and dying in reality. After drinking 2 liters of milk and eating a few pieces of bread trying to tame the spice, I received my companions respect.
Now for a more spiritual experience in the week. My companion and I had the impression one morning during planning to visit a villas very far from our house. We followed the impression and took the bus there and didn't find any success for a while. We were starting to double guess and doubt our decision. As we were walking back to the bus stop my companion had the impression to stop at a specific house. We knocked and to our surprise a lady opened and as soon as she saw us she broke into tears. Honestly, Elder Rincon and I were confused at first, but she came to explain that she has been suffering from major depression in her life and she was praying to send someone to help her. This testified to me that God answers prayers and that when we followed the Holy Spirit we can witness miracles in our lives. I am so thankful for all of you and hope you are all doing good. Its currently raining out here so my life is pretty good right now!
Cidese mucho!
Con amor, 
Elder Gibson
P.S the picture with Elder Clark is cool because his name is Cameron Clark like my brother in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment