Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Week 14: Juarez, Mexico.

 Week 14: Another Week.

Time is going by super fast, I really cant believe it! This week was super good, and also super busy. Our investigator Julio got baptized, we got to go to the temple in the rich part of Monterrey, and had the opportunity to go on two transfers, all in one week.
 Julio got baptized on the 5th. We had one of the members of the ward baptize him so he could have a close relationship with someone in the ward. He really is special and I have seen his life completely change. He is awesome and I am so excited for him and his future!
Today i got to explore around the center of Monterrey, it felt like I was back in the United States. It was nice for the day, but in reality I like the slums a lot better. Here I have really came to the conclusion and can testify to the phrase that "Money cant buy happiness". Having good relationships and being around people that you love really is true happiness and joy! I am so thankful for this time on my mission and I have had a lot of time to ponder life and understand whats really important in life and whats not. But really, its going by way too fast! I hope the best for all of you. Take care.

 

** this week jared wrote a combined letter to the family as well (i am sure we all ask the same questions and he was done with writing one separate email for all 8 of us). it was good hear him go into a little more detail of everything he is doing and loving down there. i have decided to add this letter and any other future family combined letters to his blog as well... as i am sure when he gets home, and in the years to come,  he will love to remember and read everything he had to say.**

FAM!!!!

Hows everyone doing? I hope all is well and I just want to update you all on my status. And to answer all of moms questions haha! My companion has been out for 11 months. After this transfer I will either stay here with him or I personally think I am going to stay in this area and train a new missionary. Im not sure but I am excited either way. I cant wait to skype on the 14th, that is going to be fun!! My language is getting alot better and i can understand mostly everything people say now which is a blessing and makes teaching alot more fun! Church is alright, we and 4 other missionaries are in a ward called Jaurez 1. Its not to big in numbers but the area of our ward is massive. At times our bishop will come in like 5 minutes late with his family. The ward needs help but it will survive for now. So big news in the mission world. It used to be that investigators had to come to church 5 times before they could get baptized but it just got changed to 3! That is going to help us out alot with baptisms. I had a baptism this past Saturday with our investigator Julio. We had a member in the ward baptize him so he could have a friend and mentor. The people here are really cool and honestly time is going by so fast! I love hearing all the stories back home! And Dad, I might say your are looking a bit thin! haha, and Cameron and Whitney i like the new motorcycle and I cant wait to ride it when I get back haha. I am starting to get tan and its weird I havent used any sunscreen here and haven't got sunburned yet. The Lord is defiantly blessing me here on my mission!!!! I am addicted to these things called campechanas. They are like pork bacon meat on tacos and seriously my favorite food ever. Dad, Cam, Chase, and Logan you guys need to come here just to try these things! I can get like 4 for 40 pesos! Delivered! That is like 2 dollars. So legit. Thank you all for keeping me updated and sending me emails. I still am unsure on what I am going to do with my football situation and if i am going to come home a few transfers early or what. My mission president is willing to work with me which is nice. Cant wait to see you all next Sunday! Take Care! Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment