Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Week 15. Juarez, Mexico. Mother's Day.

Week 15: Another Week!

This week was awesome! Elder Rincon and I had the opportunity to teach a lot of great people. I also had the chance to skype my family and Damen for Mothers Day which was a great blessing. However yesterday my companion and I had an interesting experience.
We take busses here when we need to go to an area that is out of walking distance. So we took a bus that we thought was going to take us to our desired destination but we were so very wrong. We ended up in the middle of nowhere! The worst part is that we didn't enough money to take a taxi back so we walked for 2 hours in the sun and jungle all the way back to our house. Many times i just thought about hitch hiking. However we made it back and we know now not to take that bus. 
Anyways. I want to let you all know that I know that God listens and answers our prayers. Pray is a simple but very powerful action we have on the earth. I know through sincere pray we can know the guidance and truth we need. I am so thankful for this time here and I have finally gotten pretty good at washing my clothes by hand which is a plus (ITS HARD WORK). I hope all is well and I am still continually praying for you all! I really am sorry but I cant upload any pictures this week. Something is wrong with the system here. I will make sure to put them in my next email! Cuidese Mucho!
-Elder Gibson

***Since it was Mother's Day on Sunday we were able to Skype with Jared for 45 minutes. He looks so good and seems so happy. He loves his mission and loves serving the people in Mexico!***
--a few fun facts he told us--
- he washes his clothes by hand
-they finally got their power turned back on, yay for having electricity!
- he is "lengthening" out, he says he has grown two inches since he got there. he even showed us that he now wears high water pants. mom says she is sending him new pants this week. 
- his mission president went to Boise High School
- he is trying to teach his companion English but everything his companion said to us made no sense
- he can now speak spanish and teach the lessons as well as understand what the natives are saying
- he loves serving in the poorer area of Monterrey. he says the people are all so nice and kind
-the food down there is amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment