Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Week 40. Miguel Aleman, Mexico.

Week 40:

Okay I have to start out by saying that the weather in Monterrey is crazy! This week was super hot. I think its the first time in my life that I can say that I was sweating outside the night of Halloween. Honestly, I miss the cold and fall season, in fact the fall season doesn't even exist here. Oh well besides this this week was awesome!
This week we celebrated Halloween and El Día de Los Muertos and what do you know, I was a missionary for Halloween. Some people really thought we were dressed up as missionaries for Halloween. Everyone was going crazy this past week, un buen de fiestas y cohetes (fireworks)!  We even got invited to a few, which means we ate a whole lot of food. I really am getting used to this crazy Mexican life style.
Today my district of missionaries and I went for a hike and it was super nice to get outside of the concrete jungle and be able to breathe some fresh air in the mountains. I love everyone opportunity I have to get out and explore this great and beautiful city!
To end all of this, yesterday was awesome! We had Stake conference yesterday and the president of the area here in Mexico, Elder Paul B. Pieper came to Monterrey to talk! The temple president of the Monterrey temple and our mission president were also there. Not only the talks were amazing but after we stayed around for awhile with our Investigator Soltan. It was his first time at church and after the services he had the chance to talk with all three of them! He was super excited to learn more. It has been awesome to watch the Lords hand work in the missionary work. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be out serving a mission. Take care everyone and have a great week!  
 
Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment