Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Week 41. Miguel Aleman, Mexico.

Week 41: Que Pasa Cuates
 
Well you all know that I always start out with the weather. So this past week was actually pretty cold. It was nice to feel a cool breeze for the first time in 9 months. We had some exchanges this past week on Tuesday. I was with Elder Muñoz from Puebla, we found and taught a family of 5 who were super exited about our message of The Restoration and they ended up coming to church yesterday! We also had our Zone conference with our mission president Thursday. It was great and we really focused on the life of Jesus Christ. I have came to love this scripture here in the mission its in John 8:12. It says:

12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." I especially like this as we approach Christmas time. A time that we can praise, serve, and give our thanks to the LIGHT of this dark world, Jesus Christ.
The sister missionaries in my district baptized a couple yesterday. Their names are Christopher and Rebecca. I have known them for quite awhile now, I always have talked with them Sundays at church and they are awesome! I also had the opportunity to do their baptism interviews. During the interviews Rebecca shared her testimony with me on how she has came to find the truth and light. How she has came to find peace and happiness. It really sunk in deep to see how much peace the gospel brings. Right now they live in separate houses and this next month they have plans of getting married. They have invited me to be one of the witnesses for their wedding. I was honored and am so happy for them and their future. I know that the timing of God is perfect. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ! Take care everyone. I will also attach a picture with My district and Rebecca and Christopher after their wedding!

Love, Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment