Friday, August 18, 2017

Week 28: San Miguel, Mexico.

Week 28: Sleeping on the Roof!

This past week was a little bit stressful and frustrating. First of all we got our water cut because the Elders that lived there before us never paid the water bill. It is very difficult living the scorching heat without any water in the house, I wouldn't recommend it. Secondly, Thursday Elder Gamboa and I lost the keys to our house. I think you can piece together what happened next... We slept on the roof in our white shirts and ties.WE had some members bring a few blankets but thats about it. The next morning we got a little impatient and we decided the only option was to break down the door😂. Elder Gamboa told me to show him my football skills, so I decided to go at it with my shoulder. To my surprise the door busted open and all we did was break the dead bolt lock on the door. We screwed it back on and it was like nothing even happened ☺.  We later found the keys in the street in a different colonia and the water got fixed.

I tell this story because at times life is difficult. At times we wonder why life cant be easy or just go our way, however these kind of "bad days" are necessary. Without them we wouldn't understand what it feels like to enjoy the good days! Life is full of ups and downs, everyone has trials and difficulties. Keep in mind that we are here on the Earth today to experience JOY! When we have this mind set and perspective we will be able to find happiness in any situation this life has to throw at us! We will also be able to understand that in the end, everything will work out to be alright.Take care everyone!

Love, Elder Gibson

A few old pictures of my six month mark and me forcing my companions face into his birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment