Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Week 25. Week 26: San Miguel, Mexico.

Week 25: San Miguel!

My first week in my new area was awesome! Its a lot different, the houses are so much nicer. I also feel a lot safer here in this area . I am accustomed to Jaurez where nobody has any money, but the truth is I miss it a lot! The people in Juarez were a lot more receptive and humble. I made so many amazing friends in Juarez that I will treasure forever. However, this new area it feels as if the temperature is more mild. We also have air conditioning in our bedroom which is a huge blessing. The house is also a lot bigger and 2 stories. The ward is also super supportive and always looking for ways to help us. Yesterday I gave a talk in church and I talked about the importance of missionary work. I am finally getting comfortable with speaking this language
Elder Gamboa has 5 weeks left in the mission so we are going to work super hard and do all we can to find success in his last few weeks. One of my favorite families from Juarez was in my area yesterday for a fiesta and stopped by to talk to me for a little, I was super excited! This area has a lot of potential and I am so excited to start working here!  
My favorite lesson to teach is the Plan of Salvation. This lesson seems to bring the most peace to all the people that I teach. I know that God has prepared a plan for all of us, and through our obedience and faithfulness we can obtain all of the blessing he has in store for us. He has paved the path for us to live again after this life! How wonderful this plan is for us. Always praying for you all, cuidese mucho!

P.S. I am a snake keeper and so fat that I broke a chair while eating. Also a picture of my old district in Juarez!

-Elder Gibson
     
Week 26: 6 months.... check!
Well I would like to start off by saying today I completed 6 months in the mission! It has gone by super fast and in this short time I have experienced so many things that will last a lifetime. I have experienced the ups and the downs but honestly I can only remember the good times and not the bad. I am grateful for this time and I hope that the time will slow down! Its going by way too fast.This week has been super hot! One day I forgot to put on sunscreen and got super burnt! I got a call from one of my super close friend from Jaurez this week. His name is Jonathan, the brother of my convert Karla (I sent pictures with him last week and his picture is below). When I was there in Jaurez, he always listened but never had the desire to go to church or progress. However, he called me and said he has the desire and we talk and had a great conversations about all of his questions and doubts. He went to church yesterday and had a great experience. Things like this are the things i love about my mission! Watching people have a change of heart and a strong desire to change their lives for the best! I am super happy and grateful for this time. Take care everyone and most importantly, BE HAPPY!
- Elder Gibson

No comments:

Post a Comment